The usage of sofa can have many purposes such as place for guest invitation, family together for television watching and so on and sofa has also played an important role in making your living room more beautiful through its style and color. The mixture of sofa, table and high quality audio system can make your living room cozier, more convenient and perfect. Below are some advices for better living room decoration:
- - Depending on the area of the space and designing structure, you can choose how to arrange your sofa suitable with the room such as putting it in front of each other, U or L shape. Sofa in the living room should be properly arranged to make a cozy and natural feeling for the house. The arrangement of sofa according to the in front of shape can help owners and guests to sit opposite each other and can talk and discuss freely. Two bench of the sofa will be placed in parallel through the small table can create the balance for the room.
- - However, if the living room have the shelf holding television, audio system and so on then this arrangement cannot be very suitable with the television. If you arrange the sofa this way the watcher will not feel comfortable to see the television. Therefore, you can use U and L shape so it can be very easily for the people who sit in the sofa can feel convenient for doing anything in the sofa.
- - In addition, there are a sofa with long bench and 2 small chairs; you can arrange them by L shape. This way of arrangement can be suitable with the narrow space of the living room which can create the connection among owner and guests. The space of the room can be saved with the L shape.
- - Besides L shape, you can arrange the U shape for your sofa. This can help to impress the position of the owner and create the cozy and close feeling for all family members. The television shelf should be put in front of the owner to show the prosperity. However, this way is only suitable for the large area.
- - The sofa with table, chairs and some sub-chairs will make the living room larger. Some impression can be done such as paintings in the wall, carpet on the floor and some decoration items in the corner.
In our daily cleaning, you may sometimes face with some dirt which is very difficult to clean and some very uncomfortable smell. What will you do with these things? Then the following tricks will make you easier in cleaning the hard dirt.
Cleaning the chopping-broad: drop some vinegar into the surface of the chopping-broad, then pour some oxygen liquid. Leave it for some minutes then re-clean it with cold water.
Cleaning the microwave:
After times of heating the food, different smell will be inside the microwave. In order to make the smell go out, you should mix water with lemon juice and vinegar in a cup. Put a cup into a microwave; turn on the microwave with high temperature in 2-4 minutes. After that, you clean the microwave by the kitchen tissues.
Cleaning the tea-pots:
You use the salt to scrub into the dirt. Salt has the ability to erode so it can remove the dirt but will not break the cover of the porcelain.
Cleaning the toilet: pour into the toilet ¼ cup of detergent substance, leave it over night, then you will clean it in the next morning. The toilet will be cleaned and there will be no smell.
Cleaning the mirror in the bathroom:
You have to cut some lashes of cucumbers then scrubbing into the mirror. The mirror will be shining as brand new one.
Cleaning the dirt in the clothes:
You mix the water with washing liquid and oxygen, then you dip in 10 minutes. Re wash with cold water.
Cleaning the urine in the mattress:
You have a baby so you can not avoid the case that your baby’s urine can be absorbed into the bed and especially the mattress. You can mix vinegar with dish washing liquid according to the ratio 1:2. Use the cleaning cloth to clean in the place where the urine is absorbed. Then you leave the mattress to be cool after 30 minutes, after that, you drop some corn powder into the places. You have to leave it again until it is dry. You sweep all the corn powder away. Your mattress will be out of the urine smell.
Cleaning the smoke smell:
You can put into the room some kinds of plants which are famous for removing the smoking smell. At the same time it can also remove the benzene substance which is very harmful to the health. You have to close the window or the door when smoking to make sure that the air can go outside so wind can let the smoking outside. Besides, you can use some anti-smoking flavor machine which will omit fresh flavor to fight against the smoking smell.
Cleaning the mould smell:
You can use the brush teeth to scrub into the mould place to remove mould away. After that, you have to drop some corn powder into the mould, leave it for several days. Normally, paper will get mould easier. Paper will become dry and clean if you do that way. If the papers or books smell not good, you can put the books into a plastic bag, put into the bag a cotton bud dipping lemon juice. Leave it for 2-3 days. After that, you take out the cotton bud then the books will be out of smell.
Cleaning the leather which has some oil dirt:
You drop corn powder, scrub it and clean with the soft towel. If the leather sticks with ink you can use the white easer to clean. Do not use alcohol because it can break the leather.
The temperature will be very high in the summer, so all the families are afraid that their babies may feel hot. They will turn on the air conditioner all the time. In order to make sure that the use of the air-conditioner is good for the babies, you should know some of the principles below which will help you to decorate the house properly.
Cautions and principles for turning on air conditioner for a baby
In the summer, air conditioner has become a close friend of all families. The new born baby can lie under the air conditioner turning on but if you do not know how to use the air-conditioner, the health of the baby can be affected. The different between the temperature outside and inside the house can be very dangerous for the breath of the baby.
- The suitable temperature for the air conditioner is from 27 – 29o degree C
The heating body of the baby is different from the grown-up people, so the temperature which can satisfy the adult can not make the baby feel comfortable. If the temperate is too hot so the body of the baby will be warmer very quickly. But if the baby lies into the cold atmosphere too long it is not good also. So the average temperature in the room should be 27-29 degree C.
Tip is that when the adult comes into the baby room and you feel a little bit hot so it is average temperature for the baby. It also depends on the size of the room also. You have to decide the capacity of the air-conditioner compared to the area of your room. You can ask advice from the seller.
- Do not turn on the air conditioner for 24/24 hour
If you turn on the air conditioner for all day, so the air will be only around the room, no flow of air can be moved out and in. It will be not good for the breath system of the child. At least every day, you have to turn off the air conditioner for 2 times, open all the windows, turn on the fan to make the flow of air work. At the same time, sun can go inside the house.
- You should not hang the air conditioner in front of the bed of the baby
The breath system of the baby is very sensitive. If the wind of the air conditioner will blow into the face or the head of the baby, then the baby will easily get some lung diseases.
You should pay attention to the position to place the air-conditioner in the room. You should hang it near the balcony or near the window so the heating system will be hung outside very easily. You also make sure that the air line and water line of the air conditioner will be arranged properly to not affect to the health of the baby but also will not make the room ugly. Find some things to cover it if you can not hide it outside the room.
So it is better that you can arrange the line outside the room in the balcony. So you have to hang the air conditioner near the window to the balcony. By doing that, then you have to keep in mind about the position to put the bed of the baby. You have to follow strictly the principle that the air conditioner will not directly be in front of the bed of the baby.
- Keep the room clean and make the room to be moisture
The room with the air conditioner should be frequently cleaned otherwise the mould will come which will bring virus to the baby. Moreover, the air will become dry in the air conditioning area so you should place a pot of water into the room. If you have large budget you can use moisture making machine to make the air less dry in the air conditioning area.
Or you can equip the room with the windy fan which can help to make the air go in and out of the room.
For a year, you can clean the house for several times, even many times a year but the cleaning at the end of the year is very important. Not only with the meaning that you can clear out all the old and unused items to welcome new and fresh things into the house for the new and better year to come. According to feing shui, the clean and tiny house will pave the way for a very comfortable and convenient.
- Before you start the cleaning, you should make a list of what you should do, which kinds of item you need to clean and who will do which tasks. It seems to be funny because you just clean the house not do something very big, but anyway if you do anything in a logic order it will be very efficient and helpful.
- You should be active in throwing away old, broken and unused items, especially the old shoes.
- You have to prepare enough and necessary devices and equipment for cleaning for example detergent, brush, broom, towels or any kinds of cleaning cloth. For the cleaning cloth, you should choose something soft, waterproof and no cotton. For some very dirty places, you can use the instant cleaning cloth which can be used for one time, then you throw it away.
- Especially, you have to wear the gloves and gauze mask to avoid dirt or substance when you clean. You are not allowed to let detergent to fall into your skin and eyes. But you have to keep in mind that professional detergents can help you a lot in cleaning things.
- According to the person who has many experience in cleaning, basic principle for cleaning is you have to clean from up to down, from high to low and from inside to outside. You have to clean the highest floor first, then you gradually clean the lower floors. You clean from the kitchen to the garden, you clean the bigger room first then the smaller one. You have to clean the clean places first then the dirty places. Therefore, you clean the bedroom first, then the kitchen, bathroom and toilet.
- In each room, firstly you have to clean the ceiling and wall, then the door, window and other furniture that finally the floor. In every room, you have to clean the dirt, spider net from the corner of the room to the outside first, then the space under the bed, the space under the table and so on. You should not forget any backlashes of the room or any space under things in the room. You have to finish cleaning the whole room, then you move to another.
- You should set the time for cleaning, for example the living room should be cleaned for 2 hours, the kitchen will be cleaned for 3 hours and so on. By doing that way, you can make sure that your plan will be properly implemented to avoid the case that you will spend much time for a certain room not others or you will focus so much on one thing and it is getting dark and you can not have time for other places.
- 80% dirt of the house will come inside by the footprint of people. So you should put the shoes outside or your have to put a carpet outside the door. Make sure that people will take off shoes when coming in and the carpet can maximize its purpose as the tool for people to clean their foot before coming in the house. For the carpet, you have to clean it frequently.
- You have to pay attention to drawer, wardrobe, medicine box of your family and other similar things. These places are where you may forget because you think that they are properly sorted out.
Tips to clean some things in the house
- Sofa and table and chair: You have to peel off the cover of the salon, sofa and pillows then clean it in case they are made of cloth. You should use the vacuum cleaner to suck all the dirt sticking in the cover of the sofa. Make sure that every backlash of the sofa will be cleaned.
- Fridge: Use the cold water or baking soda to clean the fridge. They are very good method to clean the fridge but also will not leave any smell to the fridge after cleaning. You can use the old and unused brush teeth to clean the holes or backlashes inside the fridge. If your fridge smells, you have to put a lash of lemon or a piece of bread inside the fridge. They will suck all the smell very quickly and effectively. To clean the fridge easier next time, you can use a filtering paper and put it under the shelf you hold vegetables and in the wings on the fridge, so water will be absorbed then next time you do not need to clean much.
- Microwave: You can clean the microwave by putting a glass of some lemon lashes or mix with vinegar then turn on the microwave for 5 minutes. Water steam can help to remove the dirt stick inside the microwave, then you clean with soft towel.
- Pots: For easier cleaning, you should drop some spoon of vinegar and lemon into the washing liquid. Vinegar will help to remove the oil more quickly and at the same time will make the pots brighter and cleaner.
- Tap, faucet: Water dirt often sticks into the tap and faucet, you have to roll the piece of cloth dipping vinegar around the tap and leave it for 20-30 minutes. Then you use a brush to clean the dirt, it will be easier for you to clean at that time.
- Glass, mirror: You should use special and typical detergent. Or you can use a thick piece of potato to scrub into the dirt, then squeeze the paper and scrub the dirt again then you will see the glass and mirror will be shining again.
- Inox items: You only need to use a soft piece of sloth dipping with lemon and vinegar, you scrub the dirt according to the round direction then you will see the dirt will go away.
You are interested in buying a low price sofa. You are wondering if the low price will come together with low quality. In fact, it is not wrong but if you have some experiences in choosing you can find for your living room a low price sofa but still having good quality. In order to do that, you should listen to the following experiences:
- Space of the living room
The chosen sofa must be suitable with the living room: This is also the leading factor for you to choose the sofa. Because not like a normal table and chair, sofa normally will make for a larger space of the room so you have to calculate the space you can have for the sofa in your living room. Besides that you have to consider that when you place a sofa you have to make sure that there is enough space for people to travel and sit very comfortably. In other words, all your family members should be comfortable with the sofa. You can not afford a big leather sofa but you can buy a fabric sofa instead. Of course, it can not as luxurious as the leather one but it can also provide you other advantages such as easy to clean, can respond to any kinds of weather and so on.
- Size of the sofa
The size of the sofa must be in line with the room in order to make a great impression for the room. Appropriate sofa can make the living room more open and vivid. At the same time, you can save money and space. So the size of the sofa must be suitable with the area of the room and purpose of function. A large sofa in the narrow living room can make the travel of people in the family very difficult and inconvenient. But if you buy a small and tiny sofa in a big room, it will not be a very good choice because your room will become very normal. However, it does not mean that a large sofa will be suitable with a big room. Therefore, in any cases you have to make sure that a sofa will be in line with the rest of the furniture in your house.
The color of the sofa is the impression of the room. The color of the sofa should be in line with the rest of the room and other surrounding furniture. For example if your living room is having the main style with light color so the red or yellow sofa will be a very good choice. By choosing that color, your living room will no longer be boring and suffocated with blur feeling like before; instead the room can have a great impression and brand new feeling.
- Function of the sofa
The purpose of using the sofa is very important. You have to decide why you buy this sofa. When and how will you use the sofa: as a seat for guest and family altogether or sometimes you can lie and have a sleep in the sofa. Besides the above mentioned functions, you can think of other functions that a sofa can bring to you such as for storing things or taking use of sofa as bed if the house is too narrow. Sofa can have a wide range of function but it is very easily to get dirt because of high frequency of using so you have to choose the most suitable material for the sofa.
- Budget and depreciation
Another important issue is your budget to buy a sofa. You have to decided how much can you pay for a sofa. Then you can choose the one based on the available budget. You have to calculate clearly the comprehensive usage of the sofa so you can avoid the waste and the bored feeling during the time you use the sofa. If you have the small children so you should not buy leather sofa, you should buy ones made of materials which are easy to clean. Because the children can eat in the sofa so food and dirt may fall in.
Mirror is one of the typical decoration items in the house. However, how to hang a mirror to get good things inside and to avoid bad things for the house is not easy at all.
Things to avoid when hanging a mirror:
- - You should not hang a mirror in front of the main door of the house. The main door is the place which will withdraw the energy into the house, so if you put a mirror in front of the main door meaning you are preventing the prosperity inside your house.
- - You should not hang a mirror in front of the toilet, heating device or kitchen or somewhere which has a lot of untidy furniture in order to avoid any bad effect. If you hang the mirror in front of the cook, according to feng shui it will make your house be extra of hot emotion and feeling.
- - You should not hang the mirror at the end of the balcony or at the end of the stair. Because there are not good place for hanging a mirror, sometimes can make you feel unsafe in your house.
- - You should not put a mirror in the bedroom. A mirror in the bedroom can make you lose your sleep, especially when you put the mirror in front of your bed. If the couple is in trouble so you should remove the mirror.
- - If you see any signal of break of the mirror, you have to remove it immediately. A broken mirror will create very bad feeling and atmosphere for the house.
How to hang the mirror in a right manner
- - You should hang the mirror in front of the nice landscape outside: If in your living room or eating room, you have a big mirror reflecting the image of a big tree, blue sky or small garden so you are creating an open and vivid environment for your house which is very close to the nature but also alive.
- - You should hang the mirror in front of your eating table and place where your family usually sits together: Kitchen is the perfect room to hang a mirror because eating will present the richness, prosperity of the family. When you hang the mirror in this area, you are doubling the happiness and prosperity of your family and also make the good energy spread to the whole house. In addition, you should hang a mirror in the place where your family often sits together to make the atmosphere funnier and happier.
- - You should use mirror to double your richness and prosperity: You should hang a mirror in front of the rich signals such as in front of the money box, image of the coin and so on. You can see in all gold shop they normally hang a big mirror in front of the displaying shelf.
- - You should hang a mirror to expand the space of the room: In small room or in the long but narrow balcony, you can hang a mirror to expand space for the house.
How to decorate your living room, your bedroom, your stair, etc and every holes and backlashes in your small house? With the following decoration ideas you do not need to waste a small space in your house.
A tiny kitchen
The family meals will become warmer and cozier if the kitchen is well organized and sorted out properly. You have to design your own table and chair for eating. You can come to the designer to ask for the designing idea to take use of all the space of the kitchen. Make the eating table as small as possible. For the chair make it like a bench so 3-5 people can sit around the table. Only decorate in the tiny kitchen very necessary things. Make shelf inside the wall to save space also.
The space under the stair
Normally, people often take use of the space under the stair to store things like a small warehouse inside the house. Or you can make yourself more creative by letting this space to become a place for guest invitation. Put a small table with chair. Normally, you should choose small and typical table and chair. But this is only the place for you to talk with 1-2 friends, it can not compare to your big living room.
Or you can put a small sofa, make one shelf inside the wall to store book then you can have a very tiny and beautify reading space inside your house. Not only for reading book it can be your working place where you can brainstorm and stimulate your thinking for work and other things.
Place besides the window
Even a small corner of the house can become an ideal place for the owner. What will you do with the place or the corner besides the window? You should buy a small wooden table and a comfortable chair with some pillow. Put it in front of the window so you can watch things outside. Or even sleep in the bench if you like. You can enjoy the fresh air and the natural light. You can let it be your working place, entertainment place or whatever you want it to be.
Wardrobe inside the wall
In order to save space, designers often offer the design with the wardrobe built inside the wall. It is not the new idea for decorating. However, you should make it more attractive by emphasizing with hot color, hanging a mirror and some lamps. Make use of all the wall space to decorate the house.
2 floor bed
2 floor bed is also a new idea for house decoration. However, when you intend to have a 2 floor bed you have to pay attention to the height of your ceiling. If the height of the ceiling is too short so if you place a 2 floor bed it will create the suffocated feeling for the room. In this case, you should come back to the ordinary bed but with appropriate width.
In the house, the living room is always considered as the heart of the house and the sofa is the core of the heart. Not only holding in itself the function of being displayed, sofa has been used more than other furniture in the house. The frequency of using the sofa is much more than a bed in the bedroom, even more than the television at your home.
There are many kinds of sofa in the market. The following tips will show you how to choose the best leather sofa. When you decide to choose the leather sofa for a modern style of your house, you have to keep in mind the issues of material, style, size and color. Each paragraph below will show you how to deal with each of these criteria specifically.
Material: Sofa is made of real leather always better than ones that are made of fabric or other materials. A leather sofa is very soft when using, very easy to clean and can keep the beauty after time over time of using. A real leather sofa can create the coolness in the summer and the warm feeling in the winter. Especially the real leather sofa will not omit any poisonous substances.
However, the quality of the leather is the important factor deciding the quality and price of the leather sofa. Soft leather is very expensive while the low price leather is very easy to be broken.
In order to choose the most suitable sofa you have to observe very carefully and ask advice from the furniture experts because it you can not afford a very high price real leather sofa so you can buy the average one but you have to know how to use it to maximize the usage and advantage of this sofa.
Style: A modern leather sofa can have a wide range of styles from an extremely modern sofa to a small or mini sofa suitable for small living room or the mix of modern and traditional styles and so on.
The selection of the style of the leather sofa depends on your ability to match with others. Even if your other furniture is ancient you can mix with a modern sofa. If you know how to make them match with each other you can not only reduce conflict but also create a very good supplementation.
Size: the size of the sofa must be chosen according to with the size of the room as well as the purpose of using the sofa. Therefore, you can not waste your money as well as your space in the house.
A large leather sofa when put in the small area can prevent the travel of people in the house and in vice versa a small sofa will become isolated in a large room. They are not 2 good ways of decorating the leather sofa.
Color: A color of the leather sofa should go in line with the color of other furniture in the room. A leather sofa now is not limited to plain and simple color but also spreads to other colors so you can easily and have many choices to choose which will be the most suitable for your room. If your room is in the light color so you can choose the leather sofa with strong color to make it like a great impression such as red and violet leather sofa. In contrast, if the room is light and strong enough, choose the black, brown or even white to balance the color structure of the room.